For this timeline, I decided to make it as relevant to me as I possibly could so I focused on key events that librarians ought to know about regarding copyright. Luckily, many of the library associations specifically AL – The Association of Research Libraries – are very concerned with copyright as they need be) and have published many timelines that I was able to draw on. I tried to focus on some of the bigger, more mainstream events, since there are SO many and I really did learn a lot. It’s amazing how far we’ve come, yet how stuck we still seem to be. I used the Timeline JS web app to create my timeline, which was a product of Northwestern University’s Knight Lab. It was easy to use (mosly), as I just input my data into a Google Drive spreadsheet and then they used that to create the timeline, which I think turned out alright visually. It’s not the most exciting thing in the world and I should’ve added more visuals or links (had some difficulty with the links), but oh well. Not too bad for my first time experimenting with this new tool. I also had to enter full dates for the events, which is why a lot of them show up with a date of January 1, whatever year. I didn’t spend THAT much time going back and looking through for the EXACT dates, so my apologies there.